Monday 4 February 2008

End of the WGA strike?

The rumour mill has been turning a lot lately and yesterday WGA finally acknowledged the fact that they are moving toward agreeing to a tentative deal with the majors, which in my TV junkie mind is great news.

I sincerely hope they get what they want since I believe in their cause but I also really do hope the strike end soon. So far we (here in Sweden) hasn't really been affected by the strike considering most of the shows are almost a full season behind what is shown in the US but if the strike continues much longer we will be affected. So when I find news like these it puts a smile on my face. Even though the mail actually tells the WGA members to disregard any rumours about that the strike would be over it's still good news since it most likely (at least) means that we coming close to an end of the strike.

So go on writers we (the public or at least I) is on your side but for crying out loud get to an agreement please :)

No comments: