Thursday 14 August 2008

'The Cure' releases new material

As an old 'The Cure' fan it is hard not to notice that they still produce new things even if I have not really listened much to their stuff since their 'Wish' album in 1992. It is not that I do not like what they do any more but I have to admit that I was a lot more into their early 80's music than I was into their later material. Possibly because I was in my mid teens when I discovered them around 1990 and their music suited my mood a lot back then but also because I feel that they left their niche and unique sound and moved towards popular music to much with the 'Wish' album. They have not stopped moving in that direction since then either so I have pretty much stopped listening to them.

However, it is cool to see that they (or should I say Robert Smith) is still going strong and while I might not listen to their music much any more it is still nice to hear their new release 'The Perfect Boy' and realize that their is still a lot left of that old The Cure sound that I feel in love with almost 20 years ago.

If you have not seen the video for the new tune then have a look at it over at YouTube.

No comments: