Thursday 7 August 2008

Asimov's Foundation becomes film


Ok, so it is not really news any more for a lot of people but to me it is. I first read about it today and I have to say that I am excited. It is Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne, the producers behind the successful 'Lord of the Ring' films, that has decided to rework Isaac Asimov's work and release the Foundation triology through their rather newly created company 'Unique Features'. Asimov happens to be one of my favourite sci-fi authors and so it will be very interesting to see what they make of these books as they are not really made for the screen. The Foundation triology is quite philosophical and not so much filled with action, even if there are parts that can be very thrilling and exciting but it is still far from being a 'Matrix' story.

In 2004 an other of Asimov's books was reworked for the screen, namely 'I, Robot'. While it was considered a success by Fox, it was considered an utter failure by many of the Asimov fans. Personally I quite enjoyed the film even if the story differed somewhat from the book and I do not have a problem with Will Smith as an actor which some people seem to have.

4 comments:

Per Jonsson said...

Coolt, jag gillar dom böckerna, vad heter dom på svenska?

Ralphy said...

Stiftelse trilogin. Kolla på svenska Wikipedia, där finns Asimovs böker listade med svenska titlar.

Per Jonsson said...

Jo jag kom på det, jag har ju dom i bokhyllan :)

Ralphy said...

Hehe, samma här :)