Monday 29 September 2008

Paul Newman has passed away

Paul Newman passed away at the age of 83 on Friday the 26th of September. He had been suffering from Cancer for quite some time and so even if I, together with many other people in the world, feel that we have lost a great man I do hope that he is in a better place and pain free.

Newman was a very interesting actor in many ways, for one he was plainly a good actor that took part in many memorable films but he was also a generous man that used his celebrity status for something good. At least during my life time. I've heard actors mention that Clint Eastwood is a man that has not been faced by his celebrity status in the way that he runs around on parties or other places and abuses his celebrity status but I have to say that I have never heard Newman do that either. I have however heard about Newman donating large sums of money from his business, so not only was Newman a great actor he was also a humanitarian.

Newman's career was as brightest during the 60's and 70's when he was part of films like 'Butch and the Sundance kid' (one of my personal favourites).


But he also received an Oscar for his part in 'Colour of Money' where he played against Tom Cruise. His last full feature was in 2002, 'Road to Perdition'.

No comments: